Would you like me to contact you with more information about Doula support?
When you feel your best during pregnancy, you will be optimally prepared to give birth in safety and ease. A pleasant and calm state of mind will generate a peaceful passage for your baby to the outside world: for you, a passage into blissful parenthood.
Our first meeting is a free and noncommittal talk so we get a feel for each other, and for you to decide if I am the right doula for you.
During your pregnancy, we will meet for 3 prenatal appointments, or more if you choose to have a complete HypnoBirthing course with me.
Each session is 1.5 hour long, and preferably your partner will be present at least on one of them, as he or she is an integral part of this life experience. I will be happy to meet with your midwife in advance as well, so we are all aligned on your wishes and vision of giving birth to your baby.
The sessions take place in the comfort of your home and are catered to your needs.
Drawing upon my knowledge and experience as a Doula, HypnoBirthing trainer, a Pre/Post Natal Yoga & Pilates teacher and a Chinese Medicine practitioner, the emotional and physical support I provide includes:
- Evidence-based birth education and preparation;
- Breathing techniques to generate a sense of deep relaxation, focus and self confidence;
- Gentle physical postures and exercises to build strength and stamina, and to facilitate a smoother and shorter birth;
- Proven relaxation techniques to maintain you in the best mental shape throughout pregnancy, and to creates a healthy and nurturing environment for your baby;
- Massage & acupressure;
- Bach remedies & aromatherapy;
- Nutritional guidance for pregnancy health and well-being;
- Birth Plan preparation;
- Reassurance and encouragement, including processing previous birth experiences;
- Talking through emotional blockages;
- Information and practical tools for partners.
The service I offer can simplify pregnancy and birth, helping you stay confident in your ability to nurture and birth a healthy baby. It will also help you navigate the maze of modern obstetrics in order to have a safe, healthy birth.
Being an expat myself and giving birth to my son here meant being exposed to a totally different way of thinking within the maternity care system. I’m now very much familiar with the system, and I can offer parents a map to navigate it as well.
During your pregnancy, you are welcome to contact me via phone or email at any time.