5 Things That Make Water Birth So Great
More and more women choose to immerse themselves in warm water during their childbirth.
Here are 5 great benefits that gift you and your baby and can make your birth much smoother, safer and healthier for the both of you:
- when Immersing in warm water, the mother feels cocooned and enveloped, which goes so well with the mental redrawing of the outside world.
- Mothers are more buoyant in the water and able to move in ways that aid birth of the baby.
- Birth attendants are more reluctant to get wet, This can prevent interference as It is harder to ‘disturb’ the birthing woman .
- The warmth of the water enhances the blood flow to the perineal tissues, encourages them to gradually stretch , thus lowers the incidence of perineal tearing.
- An immediate Skin to skin contact between the mother and baby right after the birth is enhanced. A higher chance of an ‘undisturbed first hour’ after birth, thus enhancing the natural hormones and spontaneous expulsion of the placenta.
About the author
Inbal Sigler is the founder of Isis HypnoBirthing & Yoga. She is also a certified HypnoBirthing trainer, Yoga teacher specialized in pre- and postnatal, and a doula. Isis Hypnobirthing & Yoga is a comprehensive pregnancy and childbirth preparation course combining techniques of Hypnobirthing, Theta Healing, Chinese Medicine and Yoga. Inbal supports women on the amazing journey to motherhood in fertility, pregnancy support and birth support.